Back in the day, I would admire cake photos online and wonder if I would ever get to bake some cakes. I eventually enrolled for baking classes. Before this, I thought bakers did some magic to birth their cakes; that it was an extremely expensive affair. I believed they used sophisticated equipment that no ordinary person could afford.
These misconceptions no longer stand. It has been two years now and I know that you can easily bake a cake either by improvising or investing little money in your kitchen.
I prepared a carrot cake yesterday. This is one cake that I never tire to bake. I love it, and my husband loves it too. And it is the default flavour for many of my clients. Here is why this is also the most recommended cake in my home bakery.
- You do not need a mixer or a whisk
For this recipe, you won’t need to whisk. This saves you both time and money. Preparing the batter will take you a very short time. Let’s say in 15 minutes you will have your baby ballooning in the oven.
- Rich in taste
The share of cinnamon and mixed spices does magic to the taste of this cake. It can be simply described as that “less sugary but tasty cake”.
You will love every piece of this cake. Whether you like yours frosted, naked or/and frozen.
Preparing a carrot cake
This recipe goes out to you who are yet to use the oven compartment of your cooker. Get it rolling today with this super easy recipe.
What you need
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup sugar
2 cups wheat flour
3 1/4 cups cooking oil
I teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon mixed spices
1 teaspoon baking powder
I teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pre-heat the oven between 160 to 180 degrees
- Prepare your baking tin by smearing it with enough margarine
- Measure all your ingredients
- Mix sugar and grated carrot into a mixing bowl(this should be the main one)
- Beat eggs slightly, add cooking oil and add into the carrot and sugar mixture
- In another mixing bowl, add cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, mixed spices and flour
- Sieve the dry ingredients and add into the wet mixture.
- Fold in until well mixed and pour into the baking tin
- Put in the oven and bake at 180 degrees for around 45 minutes.
- To check if ready, insert a toothpick or a knife (it should come out clean)
Best wishes and please share some feedback, photos of your yummy carrot cake, and comments.