Who has not tried pizza yet? Here is a step by step guide on how you can make the yummiest pizza. We shall look at how to make the dough, the toppings you can use and how to bake.
What you will need
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 ¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil(you can use any vegetable oil)
- 1/8 cup sugar and ½ teaspoon salt
How to make the dough
- Mix the warm water with sugar and yeast. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes and add olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt and add the wet mixture.
- Use a spatula or even your hands to mix the dough. Transfer it on a lightly floured surface and start kneading.
- Knead for around 10 minutes until smooth. Pizza dough should feel soft after kneading. (Avoid using too much flour while kneading. The lesser the flour the better.)
- When well kneaded, the dough should bounce back when pressed using a finger.
- Lightly grease the mixing bowl used and place the dough inside.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Let it rise for 1 hour or more (the longer it rises, the better).
- After the rise, knead it for a few minutes to be ready to shape.
NB: This recipe makes two batches. Cut into two equal halves. You can decide to store one in the freezer for future use.
For the topping, you will need: Pizza cheese, bacon, pineapple slices and sauce. The toppings are generally subject to your personal taste and preference.
The sauce can be homemade or supermarket sought. I love making my own sauce as I get the freedom to brew it to my taste.
- Overturn a baking sheet, smear it with butter and sprinkle corn flour (you can use all-purpose flour).
- Pre-heat the oven to the highest temperature
- Place the dough on top of the overturned baking sheet, poke your fingers to release any air bubbles.
- Shape it round using your finger and add your favourite toppings.
- Bake it in a very hot oven in maximum temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- The pizza is ready when the crust and the cheese are golden brown
Enjoy. Some like it hot and others like it cooled. How do you like yours? Try out the recipe and remember to give feedback.